Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Alas, my tootsies.

I don't think I have ever stood up for more consecutive hours than I have today. Lordy, my feet hurt. I was even wearing sneakers most of the time! But I was standing, and cleaning, and waiting, and I guess I have always moved more when I was upright. I don't usually just stand there; I move around and walk.

Other than that, I love Miss Jackson's. Did you know that mannequin arms just pop up and out of their sockets? Very odd. They are also around a size two, and are even smaller than the dress forms we used at school. That's why the clothes are so often pinned on; the sizes that the store carries are too big for the mannequins, which are basically the same proportions as fashion illustrations.

I am having trouble figuring out where everything is. There are no windows on the second floor, so there are no reference points, other than furniture and clothes. It's very disorienting, especially because all sides of the building look the same.

There's a trunk show tomorrow from Escada. They still actually send everything in trunks, like fancy steamer trunks. I'm curious to see what the women who come in look like...

No comments:

Post a Comment